Adjunct Faculty, Environmental Humanities
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All Faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; and provide service to the College, University and Community.
Adjunct instructors in Environmental Humanities instruct students in face-to-face, on-campus course sections.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan and teach HUM 2395 Environmental Humanities, which includes an integrated service-learning project with FGCU's Wings of Hope program.
- Prepare syllabi and instructional materials, coordinate class sessions, and evaluate student work.
- Maintain high standards of classroom instruction.
- Keep abreast of new information and developments in the field of Environmental Humanities.
- Maintain professional skills through regular professional development and other activities appropriate to higher-education faculty.
Additional Job Description
- Master's degree in a Humanities discipline (e.g., Art, English, History, Philosophy, etc.).
- Teaching and/or research experience looking at the Humanities through an environmental/ecological lens.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other's view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
To apply, visit https://fgcu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/eaglejobs/job/Main-Campus/Adjunct-Faculty--Environmental-Humanities_R0003307-1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency