This ad is expired.
California State University, San Bernardino
Job No: 516167
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
The Department of Philosophy is a pluralistic department committed to educating our students in small-class settings and producing cutting-edge research in a wide range of areas of contemporary philosophy. In addition, the CAL/Humanities Program offers a wide array of foundation seminar courses, and lower- and upper-division Category C Arts and Humanities courses. The interdisciplinary Liberal Studies Program offers core courses serving close to one thousand students.
The Administrative Support Coordinator for the Department of Philosophy/College of Arts & Letters (CAL-Humanities Program) will serve as a scheduler for Liberal Study courses. The primary work activities include office support, information gathering and analysis, communication and interaction with others, administrative support and office coordination, and academic program support.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the daily operation of the Department of Philosophy and CAL-Humanities Program.
- Maintain a smooth running office with minimal supervision in order to meet University, College, and Department deadlines and demands.
- Provide excellent customer service to students, faculty, and other departments and colleges on campus, drawing on broad knowledge and interpretation of departmental and university policies, procedures and practices.
- Answer phone calls and walk-in inquiries from faculty, staff and students with professionalism and respect.
- Provide information to students about procedures on various matters, such as change of grade forms, overload, class drop and add forms, etc.
- Monthly distribution of Faculty and Staff pay warrants.
- Schedule and arrange detailed and complex meetings and events for the Department Chair; prepare routine correspondence; attend meetings and record meeting minutes.
- Maintain office inventory and purchase supplies (educational materials, office supplies, and equipment) using either a requisition or procurement card; complete disbursement paperwork for business activities and events; submit department duplication or printing requests.
- Act as a liaison between suppliers, vendors, and campus departments to fulfill purchases.
- Initiate work orders and requests for departmental or building areas in need of repair such as change of locks and heating and air conditioning in order to maintain a proper work environment.
- Maintain records and files, including faculty and staff department employee files.
- Prepare and keep accurate records of faculty offices, office hours, and class schedules.
- Assist the Department Chair and Associate Dean and Coordinator for Liberal Studies in preparing course schedules and input of courses into PeopleSoft; update scheduled course offering with current information, instructors, times, and rooms; monitor and process lecturer teaching appointments, generate contracts, arrange for office space, keys, etc.
- Monitor workload and enter faculty additional assignments into PeopleSoft to accurately report workload for internal campus use and reporting to the Chancellor's Office.
- Assist and coordinate faculty recruitments for both tenure-track and lecturers; collect, review and file all hiring paperwork, student and peer evaluations of faculty teaching, etc., and ensure that documentation is properly assigned to department employee files.
- Assist faculty with questions regarding submissions of travel requests and expense reports through Concur, including individual and group travels.
- Enter faculty time attendance and report the information into Absence Management.
- Oversee the student assistant hiring process in the department and provide lead work direction and training; collect monthly student assistant payroll reports and submit to the Dean's Office.
- Monitor and analyze all department budgets and accounts, which includes general fund, trust funds, auxiliary funds and philanthropic funds; submit transfer of expense and budget adjustments; reconcile procurement card purchased monthly; create reports and make recommendations to the Department Chair regarding budget allocations based on historical data and analysis.
- Keep accurate records of the faculty professional development funds and provide statements monthly to the faculty.
- Other duties assigned and deemed appropriate to the operation of the Department of Philosophy and CAL-Humanities.
Employment Status: Full-time, Probationary, "Non-Exempt" position with the possibility of converting to permanent.
Application Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. The initial review of applications will begin on August 18, 2022.
- Monday through Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm), some evenings/weekends may be required.
- Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Expertise in using office software packages, technology, and systems.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist, along with the ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to work area.
- Understand problems from a broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas, along with the ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions.
- Ability to perform business math, analyze budgetary data, and make accurate projections, along with the ability to effectively write and present own reports.
- Effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations, along with the ability to use negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve results and expedite projects.
- Possess the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse campus community.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or its equivalent AND five years of progressively responsible experience in general office clerical or secretarial work or the equivalent.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and other campus-specific software or tools is preferred.
- Experience in expense tracking, purchasing, and managing resources.
- Experience in office administration in an academic environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,440 - $5,000 per month
Classification Salary Range: $3,440 - $5,639 per month
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs which further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values which discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include, but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university as a whole. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to implement effectively the philosophy and intent of this statement.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-ec68bff2cc64cc4db6e508f70e410c40