Community College of Aurora
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Part-time
Job Number: 611545
Location: 16000 East CentreTech Parkway Aurora, CO
Overview of CCA
The Community College of Aurora (CCA) is a public, two-year community college serving Aurora and east metro Denver. CCA enrolls 11,000 students annually, over 62% of whom are students of color, including nearly 32% Hispanic students. 65% of CCA students receive some type of financial aid, including 52% of whom receive Pell grants, and nearly two-thirds are first-generation college students. In addition to traditional degree and certificate programs, CCA offers non-credit professional development courses, customized training, and economic and workforce development resources to employer partners and individual professionals seeking to enhance the capacity and productivity of their workforce or individual knowledge and skills.
CCA is a dynamic institution that strives to serve its diverse student population through innovations in instruction and student support founded on principles of equity and inclusion. The college is striving to become a more equitable institution by centering our Inclusive Excellence work and applying an equity lens in everything we do.
CCA's Mission: "The Community College of Aurora serves our diverse community by providing high quality instruction and support services to prepare students for transfer and employment."
POSITION SUMMARY: The Community College of Aurora is looking for innovative, inclusive, and engaging instructors to teach Humanities classes through dynamic and active learning strategies and private instruction. CCA is committed to quality instruction and maintains high academic standards as well as a strong commitment to the success of our students. The Arts & Communication Department exemplifies the highest commitment to the success and achievement of our students through the Inclusive Excellence framework, and we do this through departmental and college-wide collaborations and professional development.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote student success through engaging instruction, accessibility, and rigor.
- Embrace an Inclusive Excellence framework in pedagogy. This includes the ability to meet the needs of individual students, cover inclusive topics, and incorporate diverse sources into the curriculum.
- Provide differential instruction with high expectations and support for students of varied preparedness levels.
- Before the first class meeting, according to published deadlines, provide the department with a copy of the course syllabus.
- At the first class meeting, provide students with a syllabus for the course that includes all required components.
- Evaluate student performance in accordance with student learning outcomes as stated in the course syllabus.
- Conduct student evaluations of instruction in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance and grading of students in the college learning management system-Desire2Learn (D2L)-and submit required records according to published instructions and deadlines.
- Attend program/departmental/division/instruction-wide meetings as called by the Program Lead, Department Chair, Dean, or Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Participate in instructional professional development activities as required; adjunct instructors must complete a departmental orientation during their first year.
- Complete the DesireToLearn (D2L) training, New Faculty Orientation, and any required CTE (Career & Technical Education) credentialing.
- Participate in all departmental and college-wide assessment practices.
- Understand and uphold the values of the college while abiding by all relevant college and CCCS and SBCCOE policies and procedures.
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
- Master's degree in Humanities or a Master's degree in a related content area and 18 graduate credit hours in Humanities.
- Willingness to learn about and incorporate the Inclusive Excellence framework into pedagogy.
- Ability to teach courses in-person at the CentreTech and Lowry campuses.
- Available to teach in the fall semester with a flexible schedule.
- Master's degree in Social Sciences/Humanities.
- College level teaching experience with Humanities & Social Sciences.
- Experience teaching in a community college setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of Inclusive Excellence.
Salary: Instructional hours will be paid at the current Instructor rate, which is $875.00 per credit hour. Instructors are paid on a biweekly schedule. Site training and coordination will be paid on a contract basis.
Current Salary Rate: $875.00 per credit
Anticipated Start Date: Fall 2022
Deadline to Submit Application Material: Positions are open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
Application Process: When submitting your online application, please include a cover letter, current resume, and professional references. Official transcripts showing the highest degree achieved should be submitted to HR@ccaurora.edu upon offer of employment. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at HR@ccaurora.edu. By applying for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of their knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
Complete Applications must include the following documents:
- A complete online application
- A cover letter addressing the position requirements as well as any teaching experience and why you wish to teach at the Community College of Aurora, along with your approach to instruction of CCA's diverse student population
- A curriculum vitae or current resume uploaded as an attachment to your online application
- Two current professional letters of recommendation uploaded as an attachment to your online application
- A list of two additional professional references (include their name and title, institutional affiliation, complete address, phone, and email)
- Legible scans of unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon hiring) that verify courses taken and when each degree was awarded. Please submit this as an attachment to your online application
- For any questions or technical issues please contact HR@CCAurora.edu
Colorado Residency Requirement:
Eligible applicants must be either a current Colorado resident or be able to provide proof of residency in Colorado within 30 days of the start date for the position, or they may be deemed ineligible for employment with the Community College of Aurora. Please contact HR@CCAurora.edu with any questions.
- Notice to all Applicants: Proof of eligibility to work (Download PDF reader) (Download PDF reader) (Download PDF reader) in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
- For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
Community College of Aurora Inclusive Excellence Statement:
You matter. You are valued. You belong. CCA is a community that is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion through Inclusive Excellence. We can only achieve this together. CCA embraces Inclusive Excellence because we want our students, staff, and faculty to learn and contribute within an inclusive environment. This means members of our college community will be active, respectful, and mindful of equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels of engagement. Inclusive Excellence will provide a foundation for student and institutional success. Recognizing our diversity is only the first step toward Inclusive Excellence. We must also be intentional in valuing cultural differences and experiences, while incorporating them into practices, curricula, and policies.
Welcoming, Respectful, Inclusive - Together, we are CCA.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at the Student Right to Know page. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Robert Callaway at 303-360-4733 or Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Pregnancy Related Accommodations, Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA): The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA), allows applicants to request a reasonable accommodation for health conditions related to pregnancy or the physical recovery from childbirth. Candidates wishing to request reasonable accommodations must do so as soon as possible, preferably at least three days prior to the exam or interview. If you are an individual who wishes to request reasonable accommodations, please contact us at 303-360-4733 or Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu.
Non-Discrimination Statement: The Community College of Aurora prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. The Community College of Aurora will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs. For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/auroraccco/jobs/3510127/humanities-instructor
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency